On August 5, 2014, I finally celebrated my 21st birthday! I am officially “adult” in the eyes of the government (of course my mother always see me as her baby). I can go to Miami Beach with a purpose, bar hop like the cool kids on TV, and buy my own drinks at Applebee’s. Some see it as getting old, but I consider this milestone the beginning of a thrilling journey. I plan to travel, take tons of pictures, work hard, and live to my heart’s desire. I made it this far, so there’s no turning back now. Throughout the years, I’ve picked up on a few lessons worth noting. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. Education is important- especially the things that your textbook can’t teach you. Seek knowledge on your own and you will be wise.
2. Be resourceful!
3. Things may not always go as planned. You have to learn to readjust and make the best out of your situation.
4. Kindness leaves its trace.
5. It’s just hair. Cut it, dye it, wear it big enough to reach the heavens! Especially while you’re young without a job that restricts those choices.
6. Live in the moment (with the future in mind)!
7. Keep a tight circle. Hold on to the friends who’ve been there for you from the jump.
8. Why so serious? Have some fun! Laugh! <—- like I need to remind myself to do this!
9. Make time for your family, they love you.
10. Money matters!
11. Dress to impress- YOURSELF! When you feel good in some new clothes, you’re unstoppable.
12. Do workouts that are so fun, you forget you’re working out.
13. If you want something, go get it!
14. If you don’t know how to express something, listen to music. Chances are, someone out there said it for you.
15. Stand up for yourself.
16. Positive > Negative Energy
17. Always continue to work toward your dreams.
18. Remember who you are, always. Embrace your unique qualities; no one can be you better than.. YOU!
19. Never turn down what may be the greatest adventure.
20. Eating great food is amazing. Creating great food is magical.
21. Pray & praise! God got me this far and I thank him for every moment!